Product Description & Reviews
ISC Helicopter-OG Surface Guard Tape (8 mil Outdoor Grade) is an extremely tough conformable polyurethane tape which was formerly referred to as helicopter blade / leading edge wing tape. The tape's 8 mil thick polyurethane backing provides excellent paint protection from punctures, tearing, abrasion and erosion and is also available in 14 mil thick heavy duty outdoor grade version. This outdoor-grade tape provides excellent protection against ultra violet light, temperature extremes and automotive solvents and it will not yellow over time. The tape is clear/transparent and is supplied on a white paper release liner. Be sure to take note that ISC Surface Guard Tape is made of Polyurethane material not PVC or Vinyl. These other types cannot, and will not, take the abuse that Polyurethane will. Applications for the surface protection tape are endless and include: bicycle frames, body panels on race cars, ground effects, top fuel wings, bumpers, tailgates, trailer walls, Sprint car wings, roll cages, toolboxes, headlights, wheel wells, truck beds, and door and hood edges. Also used to protect bar code labels under extreme conditions like at ski resorts (to protect skis please see ISC's Helicopter-OG-HD tape which provides more aggressive adhesion). Anywhere there is a surface, unpainted or painted, that is prone to scratching, chipping or weathering, ISC's Surface Guard Tape can do the job. This product was mentioned in the October 2008 issue of Motorcycle Consumer News (page 48 Product Report). Features & Benefits • Super tough film requires razor knife or scissors for cutting.• Supplied on 92 lb. easy release polycoated liner.• Requires no heat or solvent to activate. *Items marked as retail package come in a retail blister pack with hanger holes (currently only the 12 ft. length rolls come in a retail package). Made in the U.S.Technical
Features & Highlights
- Formerly referred to as helicopter blade/leading edge wing tape, ISC Helicopter-OG Surface Guard Tape is an extremely durable and conformable polyurethane tape.
- It has an 8-mil thick polyurethane backing which is highly effective at protecting paint from abrasion, erosion, tearing and punctures. This high-performance tape also protects against temperature extremes, UV light and automotive solvents. It will not yellow with age. The clear (transparent) polyurethane tape stands up to abuse, and is supplied on a white paper release liner.
- Features and benefits include polyurethane backing (more durable than PVC or vinyl), outdoor grade, resistant to temperature extremes, solvents and ultraviolet light, conforms to various surfaces, extremely tough film (must be cut by scissors or razor), supplied on 92-pound easy-release polycoated liner, and does not require a solvent or heat to activate.
- Product applications include bicycle frames (protects paint from scratches), paddle boards, sand rails, SUP boards, surfboards, protect finish on canoes and kayaks, ground effects, race car body panels, top fuel wings, tailgates, bumpers, trailer walls, sprint car wings, roll cages, headlights, toolboxes, wheel wells, truck beds, door and hood edges, protect bar code labels in extreme conditions (such as ski resorts), motorcycles, and more.
- Items marked and sold as a retail package come in a retail blister pack with hanger holes (currently only the 12 ft. length rolls come in a retail package).
|Brand:||ISC Racers Tape|
|Item Weight:||2.08 pounds|
|Item Size:||4.25 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.33 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.25 x 4.25 x 4.25 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.